Monday, October 25, 2010

FTL

I don't know when Fruit of the Loom started putting FTL on the waistbands of their guys' briefs instead of the old double-blue line, or even if they still do, but I suppose it has been quite a while.  Those of us who play online games know the abbreviation FTW as "For The Win", so FTL must mean "For The Loss".  It seemed strange to put them on, especially having had to dig them out of the back of a basement storage drawer!  I was rooming with my daughter in a hotel room this weekend, and since I'm not out to her and there was a minor chance she might see me carry my clothes into the bathroom with me to change, I didn't want to suddenly find myself discussing the similarity of our underwear tastes (well, probably not, but I don't really want to know either!)  The briefs just made me feel weird.  They didn't particularly chafe or fit poorly, they just gave me a feeling of unease since it has been a VERY long time since I had done so.  It seems odd that such a little thing should bother me.  I think somewhere in the back of my mind, I have this suspicion that someday, someone could swoop in and take away all the progress I've made towards correcting the disparity between my mental and physical gender.  I think the briefs just caused that little improbable idea to resurface in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment