Thursday, September 16, 2010

Posture

cc licensed / flickr CDrewing 2007
OK, I realize this is old news to some people, but I was narcissistically looking at myself in the mirror last night checking out a new top I just bought and my first thought was, "it's a pretty top, too bad I still look kinda like a guy wearing a lacy blouse."  Then as I turned away, I caught sight of myself and there was an epiphany.  Well, not really.  I mean, I did actually know this already - but I just tend to forget, especially if I'm not wearing a bra.  Anyway, as soon as I pulled my shoulders back just a little, all of a sudden my body looked like it belonged in a lacy top!  I looked almost like a girl even without makeup or doing my hair in a particularly feminine style!  Yay me!  Yay for good posture.  Boo me for just now realizing how hunched over I am typing this right now. Haha, this is going to be a tough habit to work on.  With my little hormone-induced boobs, I purposely hunch very slightly (or at least don't straighten up fully) when in drab mode to keep them from being too prominent if I'm not wearing a compression t-shirt underneath.  Still, seeing myself as feminine without the need for a pushup bra or a swipe of lip color, or even sucking in my gut :-) is definitely a spirit-lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment