Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting nervous

In just under a week, I will be in a city far from home and spending at least a day (if my wife if still willing) en femme in public.  I can't even begin to describe how excited and nervous this is making me.  I keep running through my closet trying to decide what to wear.  Should I wear pants and heels?  A dress?  Tights or hose?  How should I do my hair?  On top of all that, I'm trying to pack for a week in a small carry-on, and while that's not usually a problem, I have to bring at least one extra pair of shoes, which takes up a bit of space.  Right now I'm leaning towards a nice pair of brown herringbone pants with heels, and a nice pink-striped oxford shirt.  Fairly professional looking, would fit in almost anywhere in the daytime.  If I go out at night, I'd consider a dress, but I'm thinking that on a brisk fall day in New England, the average woman is probably in pants.  Of course, over the next four days before I pack, I'm sure I'll change my mind at least a dozen times!

1 comment:

  1. Kay and I took a vacation in the New England area and loved it; it was in early August and the weather was great for the whole week. Can't give you advice as to what the weather will be like, but the people we met were very nice, no problems as we travel throughout the Area. Even got up to Stowe, Vermont which is in the mountains wonderful area and people.

    Have fun Viv and enjoy the experience,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete